Register now for new group classes in
Maple Ridge starting Wed, Sep 25th
This fall we’re excited to teach group classes in Maple Ridge for the first time.
• Cachafaz Milonga features Guest DJs. We encourage you to come out and enjoy each DJ’s unique musical signature.
• Dancing for Dessert features a sprung, hardwood floor, surround sound, air-conditioning, free parking and the beautiful ambiance of purpose-built dance venue
Nuevo means new in Spanish. Nuevo Tango or Tango Nuevo, the dance, followed the creation of Tango Nuevo Music. Astor Piazzolla was at the forefront of this development when he incorporated elements of jazz and classical music into traditional Argentinian Tango music.
When dancers tried to dance to Piazzolla's compositions such as Vuelvo al sur, the mood of the music inspired dancers to incorporate slower and larger moves. Or when dancing Piazzolla's Libertango - faster moves. Soon the name Tango Nuevo was given to this expression of Tango dancing. Tango Nuevo uses fundamental Tango concepts and adapts them to modern Tango music.
Thanks to all who joined the Douglas Park Outdoor Milonga last Friday. It felt great to take tango into a sunny summer evening.
SUMMER HOURS IN EFFECT!
Please note the time changes for Mondays July 15, 22, 29. Dancing for Dessert, Langley.
• Class: 7:00-8:15pm All-levels. Content: Giro principles and variations.
Admission: Set $51, Drop-in $25 per person, per class, includes practica.
Repeater discounts don’t apply to all-levels classes.
• Practica: 8:15-9:15pm. Admission $5. (Included with class)
• August break: no classes, no practicas
• Fall season starts Monday, September 9. See http://www.tangobug.com/upcoming.html
• Tips for continuity: http://www.tangobug.com/tangobugblog
Salon tango (also referred to as Salon-style tango or tango de salon) is tango as it is danced at milongas - social tango-dance events. It comes in a variety of sub-styles which evolve in conjunction with social and geographic settings in its history and the present. There are certain traits which differentiate it from other styles of tango, like International-style ballroom tango, American tango, performance tango (fantasia), and others.