Thanks to all who joined the Douglas Park Outdoor Milonga last Friday. It felt great to take tango into a sunny summer evening.
SUMMER HOURS IN EFFECT!
Please note the time changes for Mondays July 15, 22, 29. Dancing for Dessert, Langley.
• Class: 7:00-8:15pm All-levels. Content: Giro principles and variations.
Admission: Set $51, Drop-in $25 per person, per class, includes practica.
Repeater discounts don’t apply to all-levels classes.
• Practica: 8:15-9:15pm. Admission $5. (Included with class)
• August break: no classes, no practicas
• Fall season starts Monday, September 9. See http://www.tangobug.com/upcoming.html
• Tips for continuity: http://www.tangobug.com/tangobugblog
Salon tango (also referred to as Salon-style tango or tango de salon) is tango as it is danced at milongas - social tango-dance events. It comes in a variety of sub-styles which evolve in conjunction with social and geographic settings in its history and the present. There are certain traits which differentiate it from other styles of tango, like International-style ballroom tango, American tango, performance tango (fantasia), and others.